Our mission is to empower 100,000+ travel-lovers, solo entrepreneurs, flexibility-seekers, freelancers & creators to be travel entrepreneurs: designing experiential trips, creating & leading trips, & selling hotels, houses & experiences.
We see an opportunity to rebuild the travel agency with fresh2021 eyes: cool, community-driven, gig-economy enabled, Airbnb design, modern tools.
We're a team of entrepreneurs and technologists building something new—with travel advisors, creators and enthusiasts at the center.
Founded by three serial entrepreneurs—Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters & Evan Frank—our ambition is to build the next generational brand in travel together with a great team. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and now looking for more people to join our early team.
Fora is scaling fast and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Accounting Associate as the first hire on our accounting team. You will be an integral part of the finance function and responsible for overseeing our bookings and commissions workflow, handling the day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable operations, implementing processes and systems and contributing to our month-end close cycles. We’re looking for someone who is a self starter, independent thinker, great attention to detail and not afraid to get their hands dirty.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage processing of full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment, including coding invoices, obtaining approval, ensuring accurate reporting and matching payment within the accounting system
- Be responsible for the accounting team’s review of vendor contracts as part of the vendor procurement process to ensure appropriate payment terms and collection of appropriate information
- Manage the expense management system
- Maintain the relevant company expense policies and ensure proper compliance
- Respond to all A/P inquiries from vendors, management and others
- Be the main point of contact for all billing enquiries from customers and internal customers
- Make outbound collections correspondence in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Assist in the development of the accounts receivable process and analysis of slow paying customers and aging invoices to improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of collections
- Proactively identify areas for process and system improvement and partner with other departments to streamline processes related to AP and AR and to create best practices across the organization
- Assist in the month-end close process including preparing month end journal entries and reconciliations
- Support annual tax filings
WHAT YOU BRING
- 1+ years experience in an accounting function role (AP / AR / etc.)
- Preferred experience in the software / technology / travel industry
- Experience at a startup or high growth company a plus
- Excellent excel, google sheets and communication skills
- Strong accountability and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and problem solver
- Hunger to learn and grow - new things aren't scary for you, they're exciting
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Flexible PTO
- Company-sponsored health, dental & vision insurance (including an option 100% covered by Fora)
- Supplemental life insurance
- One Medical membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Ability to earn commission and perks on your own travel bookings
- Hybrid work environment, with two fully remote weeks encouraged
- Regular travel-related team events
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.