Business Operations, Travel Partners
Fora is a next-generation travel booking platform which, through training and tools, enables anyone to become a travel agent. Fora's mission is to empower 100,000 new travel entrepreneurs: from stay-at-home moms to influencers, anyone with a passion for travel can become a Fora advisor.
Read more about our vision here.
We’re proud to have been named as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. You can read about us in Condé Nast Traveler, where we were featured as one of the 56 Bright Ideas of Travel in 2022 and Phocuswire, where we were named as one of the hot 25 startups of 2023.
Fora was founded in 2021 by three travel entrepreneurs – Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 30 full-time employees, with an office headquarters in Tribeca, New York City.
Fora is backed by leading VCs such as Forerunner and is a pioneer in an entirely new business model - the community-driven, digitally-native franchise.
We believe Fora is a ‘win/win/win’ for its stakeholders - entrepreneurial work for travel-loving entrepreneurs, better value and superior travel experiences for consumers, and better guests at lower cost for hotels and other travel providers.
It’s now time to build out the third leg through a direct partnership function with travel providers. This role will work directly with Evan Frank in launching and shaping this new capability at Fora.
The Business Operations, Travel Partners role will drive the launch of a new capability at Fora, across several key dimensions:
- Creating and managing sales & marketing collateral to support partner funnel discussions.
- Owning and iterating monthly partner KPI & insight reports
- Crafting custom marketing programs to address strategic goals of partners
- Launching 'Deals' product to better merchandize and highlight partner promotions to our advisor community
- Creating and project-managing a structured sales funnel of travel partners.
- Communicating across internal stakeholder groups for partner onboarding.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a marketing, sales or business development role.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial background.
- Detail orientation and owner mentality default-mode.
- Intermediate ability to leverage data to analyze and report - e.g. Excel, pivot tables, BI tools.
- Intermediate design capabilities e.g. creating sales collateral and decks from scratch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy and self-startedenss.
This role is based in New York City with at least three days in the office (Tuesdays-Thursdays). Salary ranges are commensurate with experience. All Fora HQ members also have the optional opportunity to earn extra revenue on their own terms by booking travel as a Fora Advisor.
We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including: unlimited vacation, health insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ), One Medical membership, dental & vision insurance, 401k plan, commuter benefits, supplemental life insurance and more. All employees also receive stock options – Fora is backed by leading VCs such as Forerunner Ventures.
Excellent applications will include cover letters that demonstrate an understanding of our brand and mission specifically, and how Fora is the ideal next place for you in your career.
The compensation range on this role will ultimately be determined by depth of experience, which we are flexible with for this role. As such the range is broad. Commensurate with experience, the range for this role is $90,000 - $140,000.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.