Sr. Frontend Engineer
Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Fora is a next-generation travel booking platform that, through training and tools, enables anyone to become a travel agent. Fora's mission is to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into revenue, and we’re doing it by curating the most incredible experiences for travelers.
Fora was founded in 2021 by travel entrepreneurs Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 35+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Frontend Engineer to join us as we continue to build Fora’s products and infrastructure. In this role, you will be instrumental in building out the Advisor Experience, the heart of the Fora Platform. In collaboration with Product and Design, this Sr. Frontend Engineer will work on our externally facing website, content and supplier systems, internal admin tools, and external integrations. Our ideal candidate is someone who understands our mission & brand, is excited about what we’re creating, and is passionate about building high-quality software.
What You'll Do
- Partner cross-functionally with Product Managers and Designers to define and prioritize the roadmap
- Alongside your fellow engineers, build the travel advisors application that is responsible for new advisors onboarding, searching, and booking travel, and manages the advisor’s itineraries and interactions with their clients
- Focus on web development, and collaborate with backend engineers in order to define end-to-end engineering solutions
- Own projects and be responsible for the solution, implementation, and deliver
Salary band for all engineering roles is $150-180k + equity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in frontend web development
- 3+ years experience using React / Vue.js / Angular.io
- Experience building stateful and event-driven web applications
- Experience testing web applications
- Ability to be a team player, with solid communication and collaboration skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- One Medical Membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Stock Options
This role is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are our Tribeca in-office days, with flexibility for Monday/Friday at your preference).
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.