Sr. Frontend Engineer
SR. FRONTEND ENGINEER
Our mission is to empower 100,000+ travel-lovers, solo entrepreneurs, flexibility-seekers, freelancers & creators to be travel entrepreneurs: designing experiential trips, creating & leading trips, & selling hotels, houses & experiences.
We see an opportunity to rebuild the travel agency with fresh2021 eyes: cool, community-driven, gig-economy enabled, Airbnb design, modern tools.
We're a team of entrepreneurs and technologists building something new—with travel advisors, creators and enthusiasts at the center.
Founded by three serial entrepreneurs—Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters & Evan Frank—our ambition is to build the next generational brand in travel together with a great team. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and now looking for more people to join our early team.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Frontend Engineer to join us as we continue to build Fora’s products and infrastructure. Our ideal candidate is someone who understands our mission & brand, is excited about what we’re creating, and is passionate about building high quality software! The work for this role will touch all aspects of our advisor portal, external-facing website, content and supplier systems, internal admin tools, and external integrations.
This person will report directly to our VP of Engineering.
We are based in New York City and looking to build the core of our team there. Ideally you live in the area and can join us in person in the office 2-3 days a week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner cross functionally with Product Managers and Designers to define and prioritize the roadmap
- Alongside your fellow engineers, build the travel advisors application that is responsible for new advisors on boarding, searching and booking travel, and manages the advisor’s itineraries and interactions with their clients
- Focus on web development, and collaborate with backend engineers in order to define end-to-end engineering solutions
- Own projects and be responsible for the solution, implementation and delivery
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years experience in frontend web development
- 2+ years experience using React / Vue.js / Angular.io
- Experience building stateful and event-driven web applications
- Experience testing web applications
- Ability to be a team player, with strong communication and collaboration skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Flexible PTO
- Company-sponsored health, dental & vision insurance (including an option 100% covered by Fora)
- Supplemental life insurance
- One Medical membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Ability to book travel for yourself, friends and family and earn the commission like an advisor
- Hybrid work environment, with two fully remote weeks encouraged
- Regular travel-related team events
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.