Product Manager (Travel Advisor Portal)
PRODUCT MANAGER, Travel Advisor portal
Our mission is to empower 100,000+ travel-lovers, solo entrepreneurs, flexibility-seekers, freelancers & creators to be travel entrepreneurs: designing experiential trips, creating & leading trips, & selling hotels, houses & experiences.
We see an opportunity to rebuild the travel agency with fresh2021 eyes: cool, community-driven, gig-economy enabled, Airbnb design, modern tools.
We're a team of entrepreneurs and technologists building something new—with travel advisors, creators and enthusiasts at the center.
Founded by three serial entrepreneurs—Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters & Evan Frank—our ambition is to build the next generational brand in travel together with a great team. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and now looking for more people to join our early team.
We are hiring a Product Manager (Travel Advisor Portal) to lead the full product development lifecycle of the new portal we are developing to deliver a modern experience to our travel advisors and entrepreneurs. You will be the first dedicated PM working on this product, and will be involved in ideation, user research, planning, designing, execution, delivery, and ongoing improvement across a wide set of interesting features that enable our advisors to provide a world-class experience to their travelers. You will report directly to our Co-Founder / Chief Product & Technical Officer.
This is a unique chance to work on a product from the ground up, generating ideas to build from scratch and create something that will be at the core of what we do. As an early employee, you will also help define how we build product at Fora and have an input into our early product processes and ways of working.
We are based in New York City and looking to build the core of our team there, so ideally you live in the area and can come join us for some days of the week in lower Manhattan.
WHO YOU ARE
- A true product person -- you love building tools which are in turn loved by their users
- Comfortable with uncertainty and understand how to apply structure and process to break down complex problems into actionable plans
- You love data, and are comfortable building data-driven products. You might have had some experience in the travel space or with payments
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally, and are comfortable interacting with a diverse set of stakeholders to build consensus, determine what we need to build, define an approach and rationale for prioritization, and communicate project status
- Super organized and detail oriented, with an ability to create structure out of the unstructured, and manage competing priorities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop the advisor portal product roadmap, gathering requirements form internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the data strategy behind the advisor portal, working to ensure we have captured the right data, storing it correctly, syncing it across systems accurately, and making it available as needed across the organization
- Maintain an agile development process, communicating directly with engineering, writing requirements, resolving issues, managing the backlog, prioritizing feature development, participating in QA, conducting retrospectives and post-mortems
- Manage releases and communication to our travel advisor community, creating documentation and training / explanation materials as appropriate, and participating in end-user support
- Evaluate 3rd party tools, solutions, platforms which may be suitable for integration into our portal
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years in product management or similar roles, building and launching successful products, ideally in the SaaS space
- Experience with the travel agent industry, travel distribution / suppliers, or other travel tools/systems, a plus
- Experience with fintech or payments, a plus
- Technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Excellent ability to communicate, influence, and lead a cross-functional audience, including internal stakeholders, travel advisor end-users, engineers, and product team colleagues
- Experience with analytics, data manipulation, APIs, 3rd party integrations & vendor management, and SQL, a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Flexible PTO
- Company-sponsored health, dental & vision insurance (including an option 100% covered by Fora)
- Supplemental life insurance
- One Medical membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Ability to earn commission and perks on your own travel bookings
- Hybrid work environment, with two fully remote weeks encouraged
- Regular travel-related team events
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.