Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Our mission is bold. We’re here to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into a totally fun new career, and we’re doing it by curating the most incredible experiences for travelers. Read about us in Condé Nast Traveler, where we were featured as one of the 56 Bright Ideas of Travel in 2022 and Phocuswire, where we were named as one of the Hot 25 Startups of 2023.
Fora was founded in 2021 by three travel entrepreneurs – Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 25+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City.
We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team.
About the role
We’re seeking a driven and dynamic Marketing Associate who has an avid interest in creative storytelling with an emphasis on travel and people.
The ideal candidate has a baseline knowledge of marketing with a passion for a specific vertical, whether that be content creation, email marketing, photography & design, data or another creative endeavor. We're looking for a sharp marketing candidate who is enthusiastic about learning more.
This is a highly creative role centered around content & marketing across several different verticals of the company. It is a unique opportunity to be a part of an early team developing in-house marketing with a mission-driven company.
The role is entry- to mid-level with opportunities for growth. A manager-level role could be considered for a top-notch, experienced candidate.
The role reports to our Head of Marketing, a seasoned travel & marketing expert with a passion for fostering learning and growth amongst her team.
What you’ll do...
- Marketing, Content Creation & Editorial Management
- Write travel content to support with various verticals of our marketing campaigns.
- Help to organize and streamline our editorial & marketing flow, for example: supporting with content ranging from email campaigns, articles, campaign landing pages and beyond.
- Support with the editorial pipeline to edit and input travel guides from our advisors.
- Bring creative ideas to the table for a variety of content-related projects.
- Collaboration & Support:
- Support different verticals of our company, including our frontend product development (website) and advisor success teams.
- Communicate with our network of advisors and creators and help to bring their content to life on our platform.
- Collaborate with our Head of Marketing to identify opportunities for authentic DEI efforts across all aspects of our brand.
- Embrace a startup and Jack/Jane of all trades mindset, wearing different hats to support our content marketing team.
- Our dream candidate also shows in interest in Analytics & Development:
- Work alongside our Head of Marketing to dive deep into analytics and strategize on opportunities for growth.
- Analyze our marketing funnel and brainstorm ideas for improvement.
- Get curious about tools like Google Analytics and Hotjar to help our team make informed decisions to drive conversions.
- Strategize with our social media ads agency to ideate on ways to optimize user experience and conversion rates.
Who you are…
- At least 2 years in a marketing role (college-level experience applicable).
- Baseline understanding of marketing, with an unwavering curiosity and eagerness to learn more.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Obsessed with customer success and empowering others.
- Goal-oriented self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Super organized, detail-oriented.
- Trustworthy individual who leads with integrity & compassion.
- Inclusive nature with a strong desire to support a diverse community.
- Passionately curious.
- Strongly preferred:
- Sharp eye for imagery
- Travel industry experience
- Hotel- and design-obsessed
- Showcase your personality.
- Emphasize that you get our brand.
- Illustrate your mission-driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
This is a full-time, entry- to junior-level role with room for growth. A manager-level role could be considered for a top-notch, experienced candidate.
The role is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule. Salary ranges are commensurate with experience. We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including: unlimited vacation, health insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ), One Medical membership, dental & vision insurance, 401k plan, commuter benefits, supplemental life insurance and more. All employees also receive stock options – Fora is a Series A company proudly backed by Forerunner.
Think you have what it takes? Send us a stellar cover letter that showcases why you understand our brand, including insight on your background, career goals & what sets you apart from other candidates.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.