Our mission is to empower 100,000+ travel-lovers, solo entrepreneurs, flexibility-seekers, freelancers & creators to be travel entrepreneurs: designing experiential trips, creating & leading trips, & selling hotels, houses & experiences.
We see an opportunity to rebuild the travel agency with fresh2021 eyes: cool, community-driven, gig-economy enabled, Airbnb design, modern tools.
We're a team of entrepreneurs and technologists building something new—with travel advisors, creators and enthusiasts at the center.
Founded by three serial entrepreneurs—Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters & Evan Frank—our ambition is to build the next generational brand in travel together with a great team. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and now looking for more people to join our early team.
We are looking for a Community Lead to join our team to design and maintain a best-in-class online community forum for our travel advisors.
This role will work closely with executive leadership, specifically our Head of Community, Natasha Hoskins, and will be primarily responsible for managing our community app, Forum.
You will be supporting our network of hundreds of advisors - most of whom have never sold travel before - as they onboard and grow their businesses. Playing an integral role in advisors' success, you will be assisting with routine Q&A, support resources, and getting bookings over the line. Forum is a key component of our stack and one of the most tangible ways we assist our advisors every day. Community engagement will be the principal KPI.
As we are a modern, technology-enabled travel marketplace with a business model halfway in between an OTA such as Booking.com or Expedia, and a traditional travel agency. With a community of fresh faces to the industry, from side-hustlers to career-changers, we’re looking for someone to help build connections and maintain hands-on support to our advisors. Training, equipping, and empowering our network of advisors through our online community is a critical component in our mission to make a Fora travel advisor the best job in the world!
This is an ideal role for an experienced community manager looking to grow their career as a community builder and connector.
We are based in New York City and looking to build the core of our team there, so ideally you live in the area and can come join us for some days of the week in lower Manhattan.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define and develop what constitutes a thriving and useful online community of travel advisors
- Drive the design of conversations and topics
- Listen to what advisors want and need from Forum and implement scalable ways to provide that valuable
- Onboard advisors to Forum
- Ensure timely responses to advisor questions and comments
- Own the Forum metrics, delivering reports on growth and usage
- Identify unmet needs from users and launch relevant channels and new practices
- Create inspiring content to increase engagement and education
WHAT YOU BRING
- 2+ years of community management experience
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at webinars)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Highly organized
- Experience with community tools and design tools (e.g. Canva)
- Travel industry experience, a plus
- Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage, venture-backed company
- Flexible PTO
- Company-sponsored health, dental & vision insurance (including an option 100% covered by Fora)
- Supplemental life insurance
- One Medical membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Ability to earn commission and perks on your own travel bookings
- Hybrid work environment, with two fully remote weeks encouraged
- Regular travel-related team events
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.