UX/UI Designer (freelance)
Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Our mission is bold. We’re here to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into revenue, and we’re doing it by curating the most incredible experiences for travelers. Read about us in Condé Nast Traveler, where we were featured as one of the 56 Bright Ideas of Travel in 2022.
Fora was founded in 2021 by three travel entrepreneurs – Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 25+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City.
We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team.
About the role
We're seeking a freelance UX/UI designer who has experience in frontend website development, and a passion for creative problem solving and storytelling.
This is a highly creative role focused on bringing our frontend website vision to life. The designer will work alongside our Head of Content Marketing and CTO/CPO/co-founder, and will be supported by our top-notch editorial & creative team.
We're looking for someone who can work as part of a team effort that brings together branding/strategy with design elements (balancing a clear user experience with stellar design elements). The ideal candidate is more of a generalist in both the UX/UI space and is very collaborative.
This is a freelance role with opportunity for growth within the company. It is a unique opportunity to be a part of an early team developing in-house marketing with a mission-driven company.
The role reports to our Head of Content Marketing, a seasoned travel and marketing expert with a passion for fostering learning and growth amongst her team.
What you’ll do...
- Strategize & develop our frontend website designs alongside our content/marketing team
- Work on improving our current website as well as building out new website components & pages
- Ideate on clearly explaining Fora's value proposition on our website
- Design with an eye for diversity & inclusion
- Deliver Figma files to our developers
Who you are…
- At least 2 years in a UX/UI designer role.
- Both a self-starter & collaborator.
- Creative & humble in nature.
- Seeking to embed yourself within the ethos of our company & be a part of a team.
- Obsessed with customer success and empowering others.
- Inclusive approach with a strong desire to support a diverse community.
- Passionately curious.
- Strongly preferred:
- Sharp eye for imagery
- Travel industry experience
- Hotel- and design-obsessed
- Showcase your personality.
- Emphasize that you get our brand.
- Illustrate your mission-driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
This is a part-time, freelance role with room for growth. It is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule. We're looking for someone who can commit to a set amount of hours per week, including at least one day in our Tribeca office. Project fees & hourly rates are commensurate with experience.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.